Taco night has long been my one of my favorite meals. When I was just a young chap growing up in the 90’s, tacos and pizza were my two favorite meals my mom would make for us. I was quite happy when I found out tacos were gluten free using corn tortillas, as I don’t think I could ever give them up.
All of my Gluten Free on a Budget recipes have been extremely simple so far, and this recipe is no different. When you are cooking for two people and keeping the cost under $5, there isn’t much room for creativity or extravagant ingredients. Thankfully, it is still possible to make delicious meals on a budget!
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2/3 lb of ground beef
- Shredded cheese - cheddar or mozzarella
- Leftover Spanish rice (make sure its gluten free!)
- Taco seasoning (make sure its gluten free also!)
- Cook ground beef in skillet until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning according to package. Set aside.
- Heat corn tortillas in small skillet with a dash of oil until warmed.
- Add ground beef, shredded cheese, and Spanish rice to each tortilla.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cost of the ingredients:
Corn Tortillas = $0.39
2/3 lb of Beef = $2
1/2 package of Shredded Cheese = $0.90
Leftover (gluten free) Spanish rice = $1
Serving of Taco Seasoning = $0.25
Total Meal Cost = $4.54
46 cents to spare!