Back with my 2nd installment in the gluten free grilled cheese series! If you missed the first post, you can find it here.
I was rummaging through my cabinets the other day and noticed I had an unused and long-forgotten jar of sun-dried tomatoes. After thinking about what I could use them for – pasta, salad, some sort of veggie dish – I decided to get a little loco and use them on my next grilled cheese.
It actually turned out really well. You don’t even need to use butter with this recipe on your gluten free bread – just use the oil from the sun dried tomatoes on the outside of the bread and it browns just as well.
Here it is – a gluten free sun-dried tomato grilled cheese sandwich!
- Sun-dried tomatoes (I used about half of a 6.5 oz jar)
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 slices of gluten free bread
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Open the jar of sun-dried tomatoes and spread some oil from it onto both pieces of gluten free bread.
- On the non-oiled sides of the bread, place one piece of cheese on each slice.
- Place as many sun-dried tomatoes as possible on one of the pieces of bread and cheese.
- Place the other piece of bread, oil side on the outside, on top of the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook the sandwich in the skillet until the sides are a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cut in half.
- Serve and enjoy!