I added a new Manly Gluten Free section to the website, so that gluten-free guys who are looking for recipes and information on the diet have a place to go. Yes, ladies, you can use all the recipes too!
I am going to post a few grilled cheese recipes on the blog and eventually, put together a little (free!) eBook of gluten free grilled cheese recipes. If you enjoy the recipe, please share it with your family, friends, etc. and Pin/Tweet/Facebook it. Here is the inspiration for this gluten free spinach pesto grilled cheese sandwich.
- The Pesto:
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juice and zest)
- 2.5 tablespoons walnuts
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- The Sandwich:
- 4 slices white gluten free bread
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Salted butter
- Pour all the ingredients in a food processor and grind together.
- Put one slice of cheese on one slice of bread and spinach pesto on the other slice of bread.
- Put spinach pesto on top of the slice of bread with cheese, then put a slice of cheese on top of the slice of bread with spinach pesto on it (see the first image).
- Put the two sides together, then butter the outside of the bread. (Repeat steps 2-4 with the other sandwich.)
- Place in a skillet on medium heat and cook until both sides are a golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat. Cut sandwiches in half.
- Serve and enjoy!