Are you sick of the crazy grilled cheese sandwiches yet?
Today, I present you a new sandwich in the series – the Pizza Gluten-Free Grilled Cheese. This one might just be my favorite of them all (although the beer-battered grilled cheese with bacon gives it a run for its money!). It combines two of my favorite foods – pizza and grilled cheese – into one glorious concoction.
Like all the other grilled cheeses, this sandwich is incredibly easy to make. If you are looking for a lunch or dinner recipe that can be made in less than 10 minutes, you have come to the right place. I love grilled cheese sandwiches because they are a) delicious, b) quick to prepare, and c) cheap. Now, if only they were a little healthier…
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 5 medium pepperoni slices
- Marinara sauce
- Butter one side of each slice of gluten-free bread.
- Place the buttered side down and spread marinara sauce over it.
- Add one slice of mozzarella, the pepperoni slices, then the other slice of mozzarella.
- If it isn't too messy, add a little more marinara sauce on top. Top with the other piece of bread (butter side on the outside)
- Place sandwich in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for two-three minutes, until bottom of the sandwich is starting to turn a golden brown.
- Flip sandwich over and continue cooking until cheese is melted and both sides are a golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Cut in half. Serve and enjoy!