The other day I had some ground beef and spinach that I needed to use, but I had no recipe in mind that I wanted to make. I searched around the Internet for awhile, until I came across something called “Joe’s Special”. This dish was basically ground beef, spinach, eggs, and seasonings all combined together. At first I was like, “ehh, sounds kinda gross”. But the more I thought about it, the more it started to intrigue me, so I took the leap and started making it.
I basically kept this recipe the way it has always been, but added a few different seasonings to spice it up. Nothing crazy – just some onion flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. I also didn’t have fresh garlic or onion on hand, so I didn’t use either of them.
It actually ended up tasting pretty good. I am not gonna lie and say it was the best meal of my life, but it was a nice change of pace from what I normally eat. I will definitely be making it again someday soon. Well, enough chit-chat, here’s Joe’s Special for ya:
Ingredients (serves 3-4 people):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 eggs
- 10-12 oz. of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook the ground beef in the skillet until the beef is no longer pink.
3. Stir in the spinach and the seasonings (basil, oregano, cayenne). Cook until spinach begins to wilt.
4. Add the beaten eggs to the spinach/beef mixture and cook until the eggs are set, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!