Sadly, this is the final installment (for now) of the “Manly Gluten-Free” series geared towards guys . Who knows, I might just bring it back in the future when I have more time to dedicate to it. I hope my target audience found it helpful. I am planning on putting all the recipes together into a free ebook, and adding a few more recipes that I haven’t posted yet as well in it.
Since nearly all my Manly recipes have been breakfast or dinner meals, I thought it would be a good idea to end on a lunch recipe. A turkey melt is the quintessential man meal – easy to make, lots of meat and cheese, and DELICIOUS. The only difference in the gluten-free version is, of course, the gluten-free bread. Many turkey melts also have bacon on them, but I didn’t include it in mine. If you want to add it to yours, by all means do it.
Well, here we go – the final Manly gluten-free recipe. (don’t get too emotional on me!)
Ingredients (for one sandwich):
- 2 pieces of gluten-free bread
- 3-4 slices of sliced turkey
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- BBQ sauce
1. Slather BBQ sauce on both pieces of bread.
2. Put about 2/3 of the cheese on top of the BBQ sauce on both pieces of bread.
3. Add the turkey slices, then put the rest of the cheese on top of the turkey.
4. Put the sandwich together, then cook in a skillet on medium heat until the bread is nice and toasted and the cheese is melted.
5. Remove from heat. Cut in half. Serve and enjoy!