I was just looking through my recent recipes and I noticed the majority of them haven’t been extraordinarily healthy meals. While this can be mainly contributed to doing a Manly Gluten-Free Series for Men, I still want to put out healthy, delicious recipes on a regular basis.
During one of my recent trips to Whole Foods, I encountered salmon sausage for the first time. I wasn’t even aware they made sausage from fish before, so this was a bit of a surprise. Well, salmon is my favorite fish, so I thought I might as well give ‘em a chance! Some steamed kale and steamed broccoli seemed like the perfect way to round out my healthy meal.
Ingredients (serves two):
- One pack (4 sausages) of Salmon sausages
- One cup of kale
- One cup of broccoli, chopped
- One tablespoon of olive oil
Yep, that’s it.
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Place the salmon sausages in. Cook for about 8-9 minutes.
2. Immediately after putting the sausages in the skillet, start cooking your kale and broccoli in a steamer. They will need to cook for about 7-8 minutes.
3. Remove the salmon sausage and veggies from the heat. Serve and enjoy!
(See, I told you it was really easy!)
The salmon sausage is great by itself with just the vegetables to accompany it. If you really want something to dip it in, I would probably go with homemade tartar sauce or something similar. Easy, quick, and healthy = can’t beat that!