Here is another installment of Gluten Free on a Budget, or GFOAB, which is my series of gf recipes for two people with a total meal cost of under $5.
Pasta is one of the staples in our household, since we both enjoy the taste of quinoa pasta and it’s obviously pretty cheap as well. This recipe is more expensive than my last GFOAB recipe, but this is a pleasant dinner dish most gf people will enjoy. If you like mushrooms and alfredo sauce, give this gluten free mushroom alfredo pasta recipe a try.
Hope you enjoy this recipe – it is full of creamy goodness!
Ingredients (serves two):
8 oz. gluten free spaghetti – $2.49
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced – $1.00
Alfredo Sauce – $1.13 (2/3 of 15 oz. jar which cost $1.69)
Parmesan cheese, sprinkled on top – $0.10
Total cost for the meal = $4.72
1. In a pot or Dutch oven, bring water to a boil.
2. While water is heating, slice the mushrooms in thirds and cook in a skillet with a splash of olive oil on medium heat until they start to brown, about 6 minutes.
3. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to directions.
4. Drain pasta and return to pot.
5. Add alfredo sauce to the skillet with mushrooms and lower heat to medium-low. Stir frequently until heated through.
6. Scoop alfredo sauce/mushroom mixture into the pot with the pasta. Mix together.
7. Serve and enjoy!