Ok, I missed posting this on Thursday by a couple hours, but I swear I made it on Thursday! So, I guess this is a little bit of a belated “Manly Gluten-Free Thursday” recipe.
Nachos are incredibly popular with bros all over America. Whether at a sporting event, a bar, or Taco Bell, they seem to be everywhere. One of my favorite things about nachos is you can pretty much throw anything you want on them and they still seem to taste incredible.
I didn’t get too fancy with these nachos. Since it is geared toward guys, I had to include meat on them. I really wish I had included some diced tomatoes or salsa on these to really give it an extra oomph. Even though I didn’t add that, I will include it in the recipe so that they really are “loaded”.
- 1/3 lb of lean ground beef
- Your favorite (gluten-free) corn chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup canned red or kidney beans
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
1. Cook the ground beef in a skillet on medium to medium-high heat.
2. When the meat is nice and browned, remove from heat and get rid of the grease. Set aside.
3. Place the corn chips on a large plate.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chips. Heat in the microwave for ~30 seconds.
5. Use a knife to spread the sour cream out on the chips.
6. Dump the ground beef on top of the chips.
7. Heat the beans in the microwave according the directions on the can. (about 90 seconds is usually good)
8. Dump the beans on top of the nachos, then add the salsa.
Feel free to add more or less of each ingredient as you see fit. I tried to go with measurements that would satisfy most people. If you love salsa but hate sour cream, then just omit the sour cream and really layer on the salsa! The recipe is supposed to just be a guide for people to use; it’s not the end-all, be-all that you HAVE to follow. Hope you enjoy these nachos as much as I did!