I still have a hard time eliminating fish from my diet. I have been
gluten-free for a year now after tests showed I was intolerant to gluten. I have
been trying to eat Vegan most of the time but an occasional fish does creep into my
diet. We live in Alaska and with such fresh wild fish, it has been hard to
eliminate fish. I must admit that this recipe for Gluten Free Grouper with
Fresh Mango Sauce isn’t from Alaskan waters. But we have spent
the last 3 weeks in the Florida Keys and fishing has been very good to my husband
and sons who have vacationed with us. A few nights ago my son made this fabulous
dish and I’d like to share it with you, especially the Fresh Mango Sauce which is
my son’s creation!
Ingredients & Preparation for the Fish:
Any white fish you may want or like. We used fresh Grouper but Halibut would be
dynamite with this Fresh Mango Sauce. Prepare your frying pan by
placing 3 Tablespoons of oil in the pan and get it hot until it starts to smoke
then turn down the heat a bit.
- On RAW prepared fish, sprinkle garlic powder until you see a coating.
- Then sprinkle powdered ginger on top of that until you see a coating.
- Then baste the fish that is coated in garlic powder and ginger powder…baste
with olive oil. (Coconut Oil would be yummy too)
- Grind black pepper or lemon pepper on top of the oiled and seasoned fish.
- Put Gluten-Free Flour in a zip loc baggie and add the fish, shake gently to
coat with GF Flour ( Better Batter Seasoned Flour Mix is what was used )
- Fry the seasoned/oiled/floured fish in HOT fry pan for 3-5 minutes (depending
how thick the fish is) then turn the fish over in the fry pan and add 2
Tablespoons water then cover with lid and turn heat to medium. Steam the fish 3-5
- Serve with Salsa on the fish or as a side.
Fresh Mango Sauce Recipe:
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 small jalapeno, minced fine
- Juice of 4 Key Limes ( Lemon or Lime would be ok too)
fish and ENJOY!
her blog My Vegan Gluten-Free Life.