Even before I really began to cook most of my meals, baked chicken dishes were always easy enough that I was confident that I could make them. Back in college, most of my other meals consisted of Taco Bell runs, pasta, and frozen pizza, so chicken was really about as “gourmet” as it got for me. Although I have to admit I still didn’t do anything special to it: just took it out of the freezer, let it thaw, baked it, and drenched it in BBQ sauce! Thankfully, I like to experiment with my food a little more these days.
If you are just starting to cook and want something easy to make, yet still healthy, this garlic chicken is great to begin with. It takes less than 45 minutes to make, and it only has a few ingredients. Even if you have been cooking for decades, this meal is still tasty enough that it would be very satisfying to make for the whole family.
Here are some pictures, with the recipe below:
Here is what you will need:
- 2 boneless, skinless (medium to large) chicken breasts
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- The juice from one lemon
- Salt and Pepper
Easy enough, right?!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add in the minced garlic. Saute the garlic for 30-45 seconds. Remove from heat.
3. Place the 2 chicken breasts in a baking dish. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and lemon juice evenly over the breasts. Then, pour the garlic on top of them. (see the first picture)
4. Cover with tin foil. Put the chicken in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the foil. Bake the chicken an additional 10-15 minutes until it is cooked through.
6. Serve and enjoy with your favorite side dish!
(serves 2; double the ingredients to serve 4)
Even though this simple recipe is short on ingredients, it is definitely not short on taste! Keep it in mind next time you want to treat the family to something delicious without going to the grocery store to get 20 items!