I was a pretty big fan of Chinese takeout before I went gluten-free, so I thought it would be a fun idea to make a chicken fried rice recipe using gluten free soy sauce. My girlfriend and I have a Chinese place close to us, but the only thing they have on the menu that is gluten free is the Pad Thai. And yes, we do get that quite often, since it’ s gigantic AND cheap!
I actually made this recipe a few months back, but forgot to write a post for the website. Don’t take this as a sign that the recipe is forgettable, because it is actually really good! It’s full of flavor, simple to prepare, and quite filling.
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to package to yield 3 cups prepared rice.
- Cook chicken in oven at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and shred chicken into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic, carrots, and peas.
- Stir-fry veggies until they are beginning tender. Whisk the eggs and add them into the pan. Mix together with the vegetables.
- About a minute after adding the eggs, add in the rice, chicken, minced onion and gluten free soy sauce and stir together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for another minute or two and remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy! You can add more soy sauce at the end if you prefer.