I have just been finding it harder and harder to make time for writing new posts for the site. I want to post at least one new recipe a week in the future, so we’ll see if I can actually do that.
In case you haven’t seen it yet, I published my first eBook a few weeks ago. It’s called “Manly Gluten-Free: 21 Mouth-Watering Gluten-Free Recipes for Guys“. The recipes are very simple and full of flavor, just the way most men like it. Oh yeah, it’s FREE, so at the very least skim through it and see if there’s something in there you might like!
I made this cheesy rice and egg bake with spicy turkey sausage recipe the other day without realizing my second-to-last recipe on here was also an egg bake (it had been too long). They are completely different tasting though, and have mostly different ingredients as well, so I guess it’s not a big deal. I will mix it up more with the next one, though. I followed this recipe pretty closely, with a few changes of my own.
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 4 large turkey sausage links
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Stir in rice, peas/carrots, and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Put in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- With about 15 min left in cooking, heat some olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Put in your turkey sausages and cook until they are well-browned/no pink left.
- Remove sausages from skillet and chop thinly. Set aside.
- Remove casserole from oven; let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix together chopped sausage and the rice/egg bake and enjoy!