Since I am a guy in what seems to be a sea of lady gluten-free bloggers, I thought starting “Manly Gluten-Free Thursdays” would be a great way to provide meal ideas to guys who are GF (or to their non-GF wives who are struggling to cook for them). When I first became gluten-free a couple years ago, I went searching for easy meals to make. Most of the gluten-free recipes I saw were either complicated or foods that I would never want to eat. Where do guys go to get simple GF recipes of all their favorite foods?!
The answer: This GF Life every Thursday from here on out
The cheeseburger is the ultimate comfort food for men (and women too, I assume). As an American, cheeseburgers have been a part of my life since I was a young kid. McDonald’s and other fast food joints make it all too easy to grab a burger on the way home from school or work without breaking the bank. However, they are not something you want to be eating every day, so don’t go overboard with them.
Here are some pics, with the recipe just below:
Here is what you will need (makes two burgers):
- 2/3 of a lb of lean ground beef
- 2 gluten-free hamburger buns (I use Udi’s)
- 2 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
1. Season the ground beef with the salt and pepper. Form into two even patties.
2. Heat a skillet on the stove in between medium and medium-high heat. Sprinkle a little salt in the skillet and place the patties in it.
3. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on the first side, then flip patties over.
4. Cook for about 4 more minutes, then add the cheese on top of the patties. Cook for about 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
5. Place the burgers on the gluten-free buns, add some ketchup (or tomato, lettuce, etc.), and enjoy!
Hope everyone enjoys these burgers, and hope all the guys out there will find some great meal ideas during “Manly Gluten-Free Thursdays”!