I was looking over the past few months of posts, and I realized I didn’t have too many exciting or unique recipes on the blog. I wanted to change that, but I wasn’t sure how.
I eventually stumbled upon this buffalo chicken quinoa fritters recipe and thought it looked delicious, so I changed it up a little bit to make it gluten-free. I find blue cheese a little bit disgusting, so I removed that and just added some more shredded cheddar cheese to the recipe. These fritters would go great with veggies like celery or broccoli – maybe with a little ranch dressing for dipping.
Let me know what you think of it…if you like it, I’ll put more up like this in the future!
Ingredients (serves two as a meal)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp minced onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
1. In a large pot, simmer the quinoa in water until the liquid is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
2. Mix the quinoa together with the shredded chicken, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, egg, gf breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and minced onion powder.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Make sure the entire bottom of the pan is covered, about 1/4″ deep.
4. Use a spoon to form small patties. Place in the heated oil (carefully, it will be extremely hot!) and cook for about 2 minutes a side, until crispy and golden brown.
5. Place fritters on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
6. Serve and enjoy!