It’s been awhile since I made a really good new breakfast recipe. The vast majority of my breakfasts are quite boring: eggs, toast, or cereal. I guess I’m just lazy and tired in the morning and want something easy to eat that I don’t have to work hard to prepare.
I came across this recipe on the With Style and Grace website and I immediately wanted to try it. Don’t the pictures just make it look so appetizing?! I didn’t want to copy the recipe exactly, so I added some shredded cheddar cheese at the end. I love cheese on everything though, so take that with a grain of salt.
These “cups” turned out really well. I will definitely be making them again, probably this weekend. I had a few leftover cups (see last pic), so I put ’em in the fridge and heated them up in the microwave the next day and they were just as good as fresh out of the oven. Let’s get to the pics and recipe, shall we?…
- 6 slices of gluten free bread
- 6 slices of bacon (you can also use turkey bacon)
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the slices of bacon on a pan covered in a aluminum foil. Place in oven for about 10 minutes, until they are starting to crsip up but aren't fully cooked. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spray your muffin cups with a non-stick spray such as Pam. Flatten the bread with the palm of your hand. Either use a biscuit cutter or a knife to cut 6 rounds out of the slices of bread. Press the rounds into each muffin cup. You can throw extra pieces of bread in there to use as a wall for the cups.
- Take the bacon from earlier and place one slice in each of the muffin cups on top of the bread.
- Crack an egg gently over the bread/bacon. Be careful, if there is too much bread in the cup the egg may overflow. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top of the eggs. Put back in oven for another 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and egg whites are set.
- Remove from oven. Use a small knife to loosen the cups around the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!