I’ve been away for a couple weeks, but for good reason: my girlfriend and I got a new puppy. Anyone who tells you that having a puppy is basically the same as having a kid is not lying! Lots of work.
I have another delicious vegan recipe for you guys to try today. Many people automatically assume a pasta bake equals dairy-filled, but I have found that Daiya works very nicely in the place of cheese. It tastes great when melted in the right quantity.
And for all you dog lovers, I included a couple pictures of Penny the puppy at the bottom after the recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 lb. gluten-free quinoa pasta
- 1 large head of broccoli, cleaned, ends cut off, and chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 of a large white onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups Daiya Mozzarella
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the quinoa pasta for a couple minutes less than the package recommends, since you will be baking it still.
3. While the pasta is cooking, in a separate large saute pan, cook the onions in olive oil on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Add in the broccoli and continue cooking, and stirring, for about 3 more minutes.
5. Add in some salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper with the broccoli and onions, then toss in the sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for about 2 more minutes and remove from the stove.
6. In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa pasta and broccoli/onion mix. Add in 1 cup of Daiya Mozzarella and mix together.
7. Pour everything into a large baking pan. Sprinkle the last half cup of Daiya on top of the pasta. Put in the preheated oven.
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the Daiya is melted. Remove from oven.
9. Serve and enjoy!
..and Meet Penny!