Well, another Thursday, another gluten-free recipe geared towards guys. I need to start posting more recipes that aren’t part of this “Manly GF” series! It seems like 80% of my recipes lately have been part of this series. I promise to start posting more in between!
There isn’t anything overly “manly” about a baked eggs dish, but I would find it hard to believe if ANY of my guy friends weren’t happy with how this meal tastes. You can obviously substitute regular Italian sausage for the chicken sausage in the recipe. I decided on the chicken sausage to keep it a little more healthy, but if you prefer Italian sausage, then by all means use it.
I decided to use this dish as part of the “Manly” series for a number of reasons. The first one was that it is incredibly easy to make. You can start cooking and be eating at the dinner table in less than 30 minutes. Another reason is that there aren’t many ingredients. Any guy can go to the grocery store and pick up these 6 items or so quickly. The last reason I chose it was because sausage and eggs are something nearly everyone loves, so I think it can easily be classified as “manly”.
Here are some pictures of the cooking process, with the recipe directly below:
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 12 eggs
- 3 links chicken sausage, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly diced
- 1 cup shredded or grated parmigiana cheese
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt and garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof skillet on the stove on medium heat. Add the diced sausage and brown. Add in the peppers just before the sausage is browned, and saute the peppers until they are soft, which should take about 3 minutes.
3. Add all the eggs together in a large bowl. Beat them thoroughly. Add in the Parmigiana cheese. Season lightly with salt and garlic powder.
4. Add the egg mixture into the pan with the sausage and peppers. Stir the eggs around to evenly distribute them among the other ingredients.
5. Let the eggs start to set on the bottom and the sides. Place the pan in the preheated oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
6. Remove from the pan. Cut evenly into wedges.
7. Serve and enjoy!