Hey everybody! I am currently in Grand Cayman right now on vacation and the weather is great! 85 every day and sunny, I could get used to this! I am planning on doing a gluten free trip report when I get back.
Before I left, I cooked up a chicken and mushroom risotto recipe since it had been ages since I last made a risotto. This time last year I was making a different risotto every week, but it had been a few months since I made one before this recipe you’re about to see. Anyways, enough with the fluff and filler, the real reason you clicked on this post was for the recipe and pics, so here we go…
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 1/2 cups (gf) chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut the chicken into small cubes, about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4-5 until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Add mushrooms, garlic, and rice and continue cooking about 2-3 more minutes, until rice is starting to get a golden touch to it.
4. Lower heat to medium and add the onion flakes and white wine. Stir frequently until wine is absorbed, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat back to just below medium. Stir frequently for the next 18-20 minutes until all the liquid is gone. The risotto should be nice and creamy!
6. Add in the Parmesan cheese and stir in thoroughly. Remove from heat.
7. Serve and enjoy!