With the Super Bowl coming up in less than two weeks, I decided to make a recipe that is a great “gameday” snack. These gluten-free cheesy wrapped franks are a perfect addition to any Super Bowl feast.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from the Jennie-O website here. I followed the recipe pretty closely, although I obviously subbed out the regular pizza dough for the gluten-free pizza dough from Pillsbury that is widely available.
I’m a big fan of this recipe for many reasons. First, it’s incredibly simple – only four ingredients. Two, it’s fairly cheap, because, well there’s only four ingredients! And third, it’s very, very tasty! Adults, children, and everyone in between will love the rolls.
I used the whole frank in my recipe, but to make them easier to eat and more kid-friendly, I would definitely cut them in half (or even thirds) and make the wrapped franks smaller. If you do cut them in half or smaller, make sure to adjust the pizza dough by cutting it in smaller portions as well.
- Gluten Free Thin Crust Pizza Dough (Pillsbury)
- 1.5 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package of turkey franks (make sure they are gluten-free)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- On lightly-floured surface, roll dough into 12 x 4-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into 4 (4 x 3-inch) rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half diagonally to form 8 triangles.
- Divide shredded cheese evenly on the triangles.
- Place turkey frank at wide end of each triangle and roll up to the top. Repeat for all of them.
- Arrange rolls on baking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-17 minutes, until dough is starting to golden.
- Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy with ketchup!