I recently bought a gigantic 3 pound bag of potatoes at the store, so our family has been thinking of various ways to eat them. I tried looking up broccoli cheddar potato recipes on Google, but all I was finding were recipes that took an hour to heat the potato in the oven and make cheese sauce on the stove, etc. I wanted something quick and easy, I don’t have an hour to cook every night!
So basically, the microwave is your best friend throughout this recipe. If you have more time to spend, you have the option of:
- Cooking the potato in the oven.
- Steaming the broccoli on the stove.
- Creating cheese sauce.
For simplicity’s sake, I am going to explain exactly how I made my gluten free broccoli cheddar potato, and how you can create your own in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 3/4 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 cups Chopped broccoli
- Poke holes in each potato with a fork or small knife. I usually poke about 6-8 holes in various spots on a potato.
- Microwave one potato for 3 minutes 30 seconds.
- Remove (carefully, because it will be hot) from microwave and slice open (see pic #2).
- Scoop out a little bit of potato on each side and discard. Spread butter over the rest of the potato (pic #3).
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on each side, then add broccoli. Sprinkle more cheese on top of the broccoli (pic #4).
- Put back in microwave and cook for 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Remove and let cool for a couple minutes. Repeat with other potato.
- Serve and enjoy!